Alex and Ani infuses their jewelry with positive energy, and we’re all about positive energy and good vibes here at the shop. The Alex and Ani stacked bangle trend is really starting to catch on in Southern California and we are stocked for summertime. We have bangles from the Seaside, Charity by Design, Because I Love You, and Earth Sultry collections. Don’t be the last to catch on to the trend! They also make great gifts for Mother’s Day!
This week I have one thing on my mind… GOLD! Here are a few of my favorite gold pieces from around the shop.
1. How gorgeous are these grey onyx earrings? Perfect for the upcoming summer! | Baroni Designs
2. These gold engraved Vera Wang thank you cards are classic and great for any occasion. | Vera Wang
3. With Alex and Ani being such a huge fashion statement, I think this wrap bracelet is perfect to add to your collection, or to help you start one. | Alex and Ani
4. There is something about gold foil on bamboo paper; it’s timeless and breath taking, just like this wedding invitation! | Smock
5. We all have a friend that just wants to go out and drink for their birthday! Why not put a smile on their face with this foil stamped greeting card? | Ashkahn
1. framed heart print by pei designs, $45 | 2. emily mcdowell greeting card, $4.75 | 3. alex and ani heart wrap bracelet, $48 | 4. glass heart paperweight, $18.75 | 5. little bit of love confetti by the great lakes, $8.25 | 6. baker’s twine, $15 | 7. mr. boddington’s studio greeting card, $5.50 | 8. sugar paper die-cut heart card, $7 | 9. polka dot journal, $16.50 | 10. i love you because, set of 10 mini cards, $10.50 | 11. matches by the social type, $10 | 12. sugar paper greeting card, $6 | heart notebook by studio sarah london, $10.50
3 Days and counting until Valentine’s Day! Stop by Sweet Paper to find the perfect card and that little something extra. Don’t live in La Jolla or San Diego? Can’t make it into the shop? We’ll ship! Just give us a call at 858.456.1446
Still looking for that perfect gift? Not to worry, we’ve got you covered!
Julie picked her favorite gift worthy finds from around the shop…
1. Kate Spade Pencil Pouch
2. 2014 Black Desk Calendar by Sugar Paper
3. Gold Mint Julep Cup Vase
4. Acrylic Tape Holder
5. “How the devil are you?” Notecards by Kate Spade
6. Gold and Silver Foil Pencils from Haute Papier
7. Orange & Park “Viva Baja” Print
8. Alex and Ani Shark Fin Bangle
9. Kitchen Papers Archival Placemats
10. “A Year of Thoughts” Foil Notebook Set from Haute Papier
1. Ceramic Monogram Ornaments, give a single letter or spell out a sweet greeting
2. Alex and Ani Endless Knot Wrap Bracelet, Wisdom-Compassion-Destiny
3. Regrets Her Behavior Notecards, necessary for holiday shenanigans
4. Wish Papers are great gifts and provide an activity after all the presents are open
5. Ferme a Papier plaid and foil notecard sets are perfect for winter correspondence
6. Fun matches add just the right touch to a bar cart or fireplace
7. Mara Mi Coptic Journal, lays flat when open making journal keeping a breeze
8. 9th Letterpress foil printed notebook is the perfect size to take on the go
9. Everyone loves an inspirational art print
10. Orange & Park San Diego Beaches art print for the beach bum in your life
Hi there, my name is Desiree of Paper Anchor Co. and the newest addition to the Sweet Paper family! Every Friday I will be posting some of my favorite stationery, invitations and gift items from around the shop. I hope you enjoy!
Rock Paper Scissors really outdid themselves this year! From their gorgeous color palettes to their whimsical illustrations, these cards are anything but ordinary.
I cannot get enough of these gold Alex and Ani bracelets! With gold ribbon and sparkles being everywhere this holiday season, why not add a little more sparkle to your outfit with some beautiful accessories?!
With my personal company having “anchor” in the name, of course I had to post this beautiful nautical wedding stationery suite by Bella Figura! An elegant customization of their classic Deveril invitation in gold foil and navy letterpress.
And lastly, I really love the beautiful hand lettering Sugar Paper created for one of their holiday cards. Simple, yet festive!
Shop small and local on Small Business Saturday, which is tomorrow, November 30th! Sweet Paper will be open 10am-5pm for all of your gift giving and stationery needs. As an added bonus, Alex and Ani bangles will be 10% off, tomorrow only!
Oh yeah, and it’s also Champagne Saturday, sip a little while you shop!!!!!!!!
Alex and Ani is now available at Sweet Paper, just in time for the holidays (the charm bangles are the perfect gift!). When Julie and I learned about Alex and Ani on a recent trip to the East Coast, we knew we had to bring the eco-friendly and positive energy jewelry line to La Jolla.
Founded in 2004, Carolyn Rafaelian named her lifestyle company after her first two daughters. With the desire to spread positive energy across the globe, her values and charitable focus are expressed through her eco-friendly products, which are all Made in America. Alex and Ani’s signature Expandable Wire Charm Bangles have meaningful, spiritual and universal charms, which represent what is unique and authentic about the wearer.
Knowing the powerful symbolism behind each bangle, its hard to choose just one, so I’ve narrowed down a few of my favorites to share with you. Stop by the shop to see all the amazing designs in store.
Om Wrap – Om is an intonation, a sound resonating throughout the body into the soul. It signifies God, higher power, and the oneness of all beings in life’s cycle. The past, the present and the future are all represented in this one sound. Adorn yourself with the Om to connect with your inner spirit, accept serenity, and embrace your faith.
Endless Knot Wrap – Representing the interweaving and ever-changing spiritual path, the Endless Knot expresses boundless wisdom and compassion. It illustrates an eternal pattern in its design, connecting one’s destiny bound by time and change. Wear the Endless Knot to remind you of life’s journey and the entanglements of faith.
Mermaid Charm Bangle – The mermaid is a combination of elemental and angelic energies. She is also known as a mistress of enchantment. Seductive and charming, all those in contact with the mermaid are subject to her persuasion. Wear the mermaid as you learn to unleash your own unique charm.
Sea Shell Charm Bangle – Sea shells connect us to the ocean and to the water’s energy. They enable us to gain clarity so that we make better decisions and life choices. They support, guide, and nudge us along our path to happiness and fulfillment. They bring about positive energy and promise fortunate outcomes in all areas of life.
Seahorse Charm Bangle – In the belief that seahorses were a type of sea dragon, some Chinese cultures have revered them as a symbol of power and good luck. Their body structures only allow them to move in a very slow motion which has not evolved over time. They come to teach us patience and to accept ourselves as we are.
Shark Finn Charm Bangle – The shark fearlessly navigates through all situations and confidently moves forward in life. With a distinctive fin located on its back for stability, a shark retains its balance and is equipped to handle any sudden twists and turns. Allow the energy of the Shark Finn Charm to guide you through life’s ever changing waters and to keep you stable in challenging times. 20% of all sales go directly to Finnz Fundz, an organization that seeks to provide direct assistance to children and families coping with long-term hospitalization in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis.
Living Water Charm Bangle – Everything begins with water. It is the most precious resource that supports life in all of its forms. Water is the nourishment that mends us – body and soul. A purifying symbol, the Living Water Charm was created for daily reflection – leading us to the type of compassion and healing that quenches the thirst of the world. 20% of all sales go directly to Living Water International to support their work of demonstrating divine love by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water.
Welcome to our Blog!
Be inspired and stay up-to-date on shop happenings, our latest wedding invitation designs, etiquette tips and more!
Schedule a Design Consultation
Interested in custom wedding invitations, party invitations or personal stationery? Schedule a free design consultation below or give us a call at 858.456.1446.